Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

PRAYERS FOR BOBBY(TRUE STORY)

"Before you echo Amen in your home or place of worship, think and remember. A child is listening.A child is listening."- Mary Griffith

Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe winner Sigourney Weaver stars in this emotional true story about a 1970s religious suburban housewife and mother who struggles to accept her young son Bobby being gay hails from a devoutly Christian family.

Lately Bobby's been questioning his own sexuality, and upon confiding this information to his older brother, the news quickly circulates to their parents and other siblings. While Bobby's father and siblings resolve to stand by him despite their opposition to his startling revelation, his mother Mary believes that her son is committing a sin, and encourages him to change his ways with the help of the church.

Despondent over his experiences in the church, Bobby decides that his best option is to move out of the family home, all the while hoping that his mother will find a means of accepting him for who he is. But Mary is staunch in her position, and when Bobby realizes he'll never live up to his mother's expectations he takes his own life.

Devastated, Mary seeks consolation from her pastor but fails to find the answers she's looking for. In time, Mary begins a dialogue with the gay community, and discovers that sometimes support can come from the places we least expect. What happens to Bobby is tragic and causes Mary to question her faith; ultimately this mom changes her views in ways that she never could have imagined.

Review:
When i watched it, I felt how bobby was suffering. Being a christian myself makes me think am i worthy to be one. My life and family is complicated. Being sole christian from a devoted Buddhist-Chinese tradition family makes life more complicated enough. I find myself hard to cope with the surroundings at first when i started to realize myself attracted to men. Tried so hard to change myself but ended myself up in depression and withdrawal from the surroundings. I started to fake from who i truly was. After that when i converted to christian hoping to find solution to my problems, prays everyday, keep reading the bible and cries and beg forgiveness till one day i heard him saying "You are who you are and i loved you as who you are" I asked lord again but I'm gay. He repeats the same thing again.

Because of the lord i find strength to live on. If without him i think i will have long gone from the world. I stayed on and be who as i am. The David people all knew. David who looks small but strong in inside. nothing can bring me down. I am who i am.(suddenly this verse so similar with Eric's' blog) Hahaha!!

Glad that people who accept me who as i am. I'm still me. Hopefully one day i have the courage myself and from the lord to tell my parents.. well first I'm gay and second I'm christian. Buy one get one free.. 2 devastating news to my family. Ready for the eruption.. HAHAHAHA!!!

It is a one film that you have to understand and watched how we suffered and the position we were and was in for heterosexual and homophobics and religious people.

THINK!!!!

2 gifts of hearts:



cookiedonut said...

inspiring, thanks for sharing =)

JC said...

i watched it months ago... was so touching that i was reduced to tears :P

Post a Comment